Solana Season Hackathon Taiwan | 01. Application Guidance
About the Hackathon
Starting April 28th, Solana Foundation, together with Serum and Raydium, opened up registration for the Solana Season Hackathon Asia on HackerLink.io, the DoraHacks developer platform. And the regional Solana Hackathon Taiwan track is rolling on May 27th as well.
The participants are encouraged to build infrastructure on Solana blockchain or any tool they believe will implement development on the Solana ecosystem, no matter De-Fi (decentralized finance), NFT (non-fungible token), or Web3 related, any innovative dApps. Hackathon grants rich prizes and the series workshop support.
The prize pool of the Hackathon totals up to $1 million in prizes and seed funding:
$50,000 will be distributed to participating teams by Solana community voters via the Hackerlink platform’s quadratic voting grant. $75,000 will be granted from hackathon judges that motivate outstanding projects in Solana Hackathon. The rest of the $1 million prize will be seed funding, prepared for the promising teams selected by Solana Foundation and the judges to further develop in the Solana ecosystem.
Take a look at this list of hackathon project ideas.
Hackathon participants are free to explore and build projects that span a variety of use cases across NFTs, DeFi, and…
Throughout the registration period and hackathon, there will be live stream presentations, workshops, and open discussions on a variety of crypto-related topics. The goal is to help jumpstart your Solana experience and provide you with maximum technical guidance!
Ready? If you BUILD it, they will come!
- How to Apply -
* Create your wallet on sollet.io first if you’re a newer.
* Make sure you have at least 0.003 SOL in your sollet balance as gas.
(If you have no balance, please go to @hackerlinkoffcial on Telegram for gas support!)
- Disconnect your VPN (if any).
- Go to the entry: https://hackerlink.io/en/grant?type=Solana, click “Apply Grant”. (Please sign up first if you are new to hackerlink.)
- Connect Wallet: Choose Grant Round and connect your Sollet wallet to hackerlink.
You should see this page after clicking. Then click “Connect”.
3. Click “Create a new BUIDL to apply for grant”.
4. Fill in the necessary “*” information.
5. If you want to add your team members to the project, they need to have an account on hackerlink. You can add them via their emails for registration.
6. URLs are optional. But they will help voters and judges understand your project well. (Notice: Please fill in only 1 URL for each blank.)
7. Click “Submit”, you will need to approve the transaction (for gas). Please make sure you have enough SOL in your wallet.
8. Well done!! You can edit any details of your project from your “Account” — “My BUIDLs” after submission.
Please go to @hackerlinkofficial and the Telegram group(Solana Taiwan Camp) for project verification after submitting your project!
Red Building Capital and Mr. Block are deeply involved in the research and early investment of the global innovative blockchain projects. The features of Solana blockchain: fast, secure, and low gas fees, that can provide an open and permissionless infrastructure adapting to users and developers around the world for mass adoption. Then Solana Season Hackathon Taiwan track was born and it’s expected to cultivate and incubate the promising Solana projects from Taiwanese software talents.
About Red Building Capital
Red Building Capital (https://www.rbcap.io/) is an early-stage investment firm based in Taiwan, focusing on investments and venture building of blockchain tech startups. The Red Building team is an experienced team in both traditional business and emerging technologies. Our mission is to fill the gap between traditional value and digital innovations. The next decade onward, we envision that blockchain technology to make significant impacts on our society financially, economically, and politically. Our strategic investment philosophy is to invest the form of equity or tokens in companies that are truly disruptive and can be a value-add to the digital transformation.